Updated : 1 March 2021.
What must I prepare for my flight or hotel stays to Bali?
For a smooth and comfortable trip, make sure you can fulfil all the requirements below before booking your flight and hotel. Please make sure to check the requirements in your departure airports, arrival airports, and hotels.
The regulations listed on this page already comply with the new Public Activities Restrictions (PPKM) regulations that will become effective on 9 January 2021.
Here’s the regulation for travellers to Bali that inspires us at Bukit Vista:
Flight Regulations for Passengers to Bali
To be allowed to travel, passengers must present the following documents and comply with the following regulations:
- Check and comply with the requirements at your departure airport
- Valid ID (KTP/other official identity documents)
- To be presented at the departure airport and upon arrival.
- Negative test result for COVID-19 from a Rapid Antigen test or RT-PCR Test, effective date starting from 9 February 2021 until 22 March 2021. Read regulation
- To be presented at the departure airport and upon arrival.
- For Rapid Antigent Test, sample must be taken within 1day before your departure date.
- For RT-PCR Test sample must be taken within 2 days before your departure date.
- For Domestic Connecting Flight without any aircraft change, please refer to the regulation of origin airport and final destination airport. For Domestic Connecting Flight with aircraft change, passengers are required to fulfill the regulations of all flight segments to ensure smooth process by airport authorities (KKP).
- For children under 5 years old, a rapid antibody test, rapid antigen test or a RT-PCR test is not mandatory
- For passengers whose flights are involuntarily diverted to Bali, a swab/PCR test is not mandatory
- Exceptions do not apply to members of the State Civil Apparatus (ASN), Indonesian National Armed Forces (TNI), and Indonesian National Police (Polri). A negative PCR-based swab test result is always mandatory, except in emergency conditions.
- Several media outlets have reported that GeNose test results can be presented for air travel from 1 April 2021 onwards. We will be monitoring the situation closely until an official statement is released by the government. Please check this page regularly for the latest updates.
- Complete a form on the Bali government website.
- After completing the form, you will get a QR code. Present the QR code upon arrival.
- Health Alert Card(HAC) form
- Comply with the airline’s travel policy
- For example: wear a mask onboard and around the airport area.
- Bring two(2) copies of all required documents
- In addition to checking your original documents, some airports might need to keep a copy of your documents for documentation purposes.
Regulations during flight trip:
- Travellers are not allowed to speak over the telephone or in person during the trip
- Passengers are not allowed to eat and drink during the trip which is less than 2 (two) hours. The exception applies only for individuals who are required to consume drugs which if not done may endanger the safety and health of the person.
Hotel Stay Regulations
- From 22 December 2020, some hotels require guests to present a negative Rapid Antigen test result. This regulation applies to all guests aged 12 years or older, both those residing within the city and coming from out of town.
- To ensure a smooth and comfortable stay at the hotel, make sure to comply with the regulation above. Some hotels also provide a Rapid Antigen test service, right at the hotel. Please contact your hotel to inquire more about the availability of this service.
Guidance at the Airport
- Arrive early and be ready for updates. Please be at the airport at least 4 hours before your flight to make time for document verification. During this period of reduced airport services, please keep in mind that the airline may change your departure terminal. Check your email or the airline’s website regularly for important updates about your flight.
- Mandatory procedures at the airport
- Follow the guidance of health authorities to wash your hands, wear a face mask, and maintain physical distancing.
- Go to the health screening area for body temperature check.
- Get your documents verified at the airport’s COVID-19 Mitigation booth.
- If you pass the verification process, you will receive a clearance letter to be used for check-in.
- Proceed to check in at the airline counter.
- Important Things to Know
- Before booking a flight, please make sure you can fulfill all the requirements. The airline and government officials will review your documents at the airport.
- Present only original and valid documents. Creating false documents, such as a fake COVID-19 test result, is an offense punishable by imprisonment of up to 6 years (based on Article 243 of the Indonesian Penal Code) and/or 12 years (based on Article 35 and 51 of ITE Law No. 11 of 2008).
- Should you fail to present the complete and correct documents, you may be deemed as non-compliant with the relevant air travel laws/regulations, and may not be allowed to board the flight. If you are denied boarding for this act of non-compliance, you might not be able to request a refund for your ticket. All refunds are subject to the airline’s approval.
At Bukit Vista, we make sure all of our guest get the best experience when travel to our properties. Considering the importance of safe travel during pandemic, Traveloka could be a good source that can guide traveller.
As a Bali villa rentals, we learn from high quality source and share it to inspire everybody that share our vision, to delight our guest with authentic and memorable experience. Hence our tagline “Inspire Delight”.
We are the most innovative Bali Property Management, work with likeminded property owners to nurture their investment to optimize ROI, while delivering great value to our guests.
Feeling inspired to make better your villa? Check out these property management who will inspireyou to make better choices in your property! Share this article to inspire all your friends travelling to Bali!