Bali is not about a place, food, or person. It's about a feeling.
- The tranquility of doing yoga over a verdant rice paddy with the trickling sounds of a small river.
- The rush of surfing a 2 meter pipeline barrel.
- The exuberance of roaming with friends bar-hopping through Kuta.
- The cool sophistication of an afternoon DJ and champagne cocktail in a Seminyak beach lounge.
- The opulent luxury of an ocean-view infinity edge villa right by the beach.
- The mysticism of a Balinese Hindu cremation with fire, incense and gongs.
- The belonging you feel when a local village girl looks over and flashes one of the biggest smiles you've ever seen.
- The magic of watching fireflies lift off over a broad swath of rice paddies at dusk.
- The relaxation of a four handed massage, flower bath and yogurt scrub.
- The thrill of para-sailing over ocean-blue coral reefs in Nusa Dua.
- The delight of finishing a 5-course degustation menu at a fancy French restaurant and finding it costs less than a family pizza back home.
Visitors come back because it's so hard to duplicate these feelings anywhere else in the world. Bali offers such a diverse range of experiences that everyone can find something meaningful to return to.